Friday, November 14, 2008

Aurick


This is my neighbor, Aurick. He is 3 years old (2 weeks older than Emma) and I get to babysit him every weekday morning from 8:30-11:30 am while his mom studies (she's a PhD candidate). We have a lot of fun and I feel so blessed that I can have this job where I can still take care of Will and it isn't too taxing on me.

Aurick has an older sister, Liesel, and combined, they are some of the smarted kids I have ever come across. They can tell you about any animal and Aurick can tell you about any dinosaur. We spend many days going to story time at the library, playing the toys at the toy store, watching Scooby Doo, and of course playing with Will. Aurick is such a good helper and when we get Will dressed each morning, Aurick gets to help pick out the clothes he wears and get the diaper and wipes for me. One time I asked him if he would get Will a new diaper and he said, "Yeah, I'll get him a good one." Aurick is also quite into whether Will has pooped or not.

About once a week, we make a treat together while Will takes his morning nap. Today we made homemade granola bars, which were incredible and I'll post the recipe later. When they came out of the oven, I told Aurick they were still to hot to eat or cut into squares and he said, "Well, the bad news is the granola bars are still too hot, but the good news is you don't live with a Komodo Dragon."

Thanks for putting that into perspective, bud.

1 comment:

Eli Bowman said...

HAHA!!! I am seriously laughing really hard right now at work. That's so funny! And that sure is a good perspective. How can you be depressed about anything when there are people in the world who have to suffer living with a Komodo Dragon?