For some reason when you're married and Mormon, you join all these clubs as reasons to hang out with friends, get a break, and sometimes learn new things. And I'm ok with that. I am currently in 4 clubs.
Freezer Meal Club- 7 of us get together and exchange freezer meals so we all have something to throw in the oven on days that's its just too hectic to cook. Each person makes 7 batches of one meal (ie corn chowder) freezes it in a ziploc bag and then all the other person has to do it heat it up.
Card Club- my dear friend Kim organizes this and she teaches us how to make a new card and then each of us brings homemade cards to everyone else and we exchange. Truth be told, I seriously feel so bad for everyone getting my cards. They are so plain compared to their masterpieces of scrapbook paper and trinkets!
Book Club-This just started this month, so the jury is still out. Maybe this is something to be concerned about... I joined a book club last...
Quilt Club- I just joined this one too so I could learn how to quilt. Each month the host chooses a quilting square pattern and teaches everyone how to do it, then everyone goes home and makes one square out of the host's fabric, then we bring it back to the next club meeting and the host will get all the squares to make a quilt from.
What clubs are you part of?
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment