
I turned 23 a few weeks ago, again sorry for the late post. Cort equates birthday years to famous athletes numbers. So at 22, it was my Emmitt Smith year, and I've moved onto MJ (Michael Jordan), which I might add, Cort says is destined to be a very important year, because it's MJ's number. So in saying adios to 22, I thought I would take a minute to write about the good things that happened to me this past year of life.
I DEFEATED pregnancy and gave birth to an incredible baby boy who continues to light up my life.
I celebrated my first wedding anniversary. Marrying Cort was the best decision I ever made.
I traveled to Portland, Seattle, Indianapolis, Gettysburg, and Hershey- all places that I had never been and absolutely loved.
I attended almost 3 BYU Football games. The 'almost' part was for the Las Vegas Bowl last Christmas. My angel dad-in-law bought me a ticket, but I puked the whole drive to Vegas. See bullet point #1. But we did make it to BYU v. Washington and UCLA v. BYU- which were both great games.
I moved into the 21st century and got TIVO.
I supported my husband through his first year of grad school, and more often than not having food on the table when he got home.
I have been on a very tight budget for the last year and I have the satisfaction of knowing that I can sustain my family without hardly anything 'lacking' with a very small amount of money.
I have 2 jobs and am usually still sane at the end of the day.
I have developed incredible friendships and have felt closer to friends here than at any other time in my life.
I saw Bruce Springsteen in concert.
I went to my first OSU football game.
I visited Kirtland, OH twice. I love that place.
I moved into a bigger apartment and am loving the extra space.
I quit breastfeeding and have no regrets.
I learned how to find a coupon for anything.
I can think of a few more accomplishments that happened this year, but they are really only accomplishments in my mind. So for now, we'll leave it at these and thank my Emmitt Smith year for a lot of incredible memories.
1 comment:
two jobs?!? what in the world? isn't being a mommy a full-time job? girl, you amaze me.
Post a Comment