Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stake Conference Notes

This past weekend was Stake Conference and (pat ourselves on the back) we made it to the Saturday night session! Truth be told, I had no idea there was even a SAturday night session of Stake Conference until I was in college. Although I think its a great idea to have a session just for adults, what are people supposed to do with their kids? And doesn't paying a babysitter so you can go to a church meeting seem so un-Mormon? I digress. I was very excited that I went and I learned a lot, but it made we question that thinking about having more than a small infant.

Anyways, by far my favorite part of Stake Conference was from the Presiding Elder Hardy. He was talking about his family and how his parents created a Gospel culture in their home. He emphasized that by no means were they religious fanatics, nor 'weird' mormons, but a strong loving family who surrounded themselves in the Gospel. The thing that stuck out to me was when he said, "I didn't learn anything at church- that I hadn't already learned at home."

Cortney and I have been talking about this a lot since last weekend and have decided that is a really great goal that we have set for our family. As Cortney and I try to immerse ourselves in the Gospel, hopefully we can set the example needed for our home to have a "Gospel Culture".

2 comments:

AMY said...

Great goal. Don't you just love meeting that make you stop and reevaluate? Love you guys!

Nathan and Leone Grimley said...

This is Nate. Your blog is awesome. We just found it. I think your goal is important, and we should make a similar goal. Keep in touch...ntgrimley@gmail.com