Will, in a word- you're a handful. But we love you that way! You are on the go non stop. Frequent sayings in our house:
"Will, are you getting into trouble?"
"Will, pulling mommy's hair really hurts her"
"Will, can you let go of the extension cord?"
I truly believe families are designed in heaven and you were the perfect little boy for us in every way, but you definitely keep us more busy this month than you did last month!
- You crawl like a champ and are very deliberate about it. You don't just glide across the room, you stomp on your hands and knees across the room.
- You usually dart across the floor to any shoes because you love to untie shoelaces.
- You love being naked and it makes you noticeably happier (if that were even possible)
- You're really starting to 'play' with your toys and its very fun to play with you- after we've pulled you away from the diapers, remote control, cords, and all other electrical devices.
- You can't hold still. I'm afraid you're destined for ADHD. The only way we can get you to settle down and sit still (for feeding, changing, and getting dressed) is if we sing to you. Needless to say, Dad and I know at least 12 verses for Old McDonald and The Wheels on the Bus.
- You can pull yourself up on everything.
- When I come to get you in the morning and you see me, you shriek and do the loudest power crawl ever because you're so excited. Whap! Whap! Whap! It makes me feel so loved!
- You absolutely love eating solid foods. You haven't really but up any resistance to any of it, but you consistently eat peas, carrots, applesauce, bananas, and squash.
- You still put everything in your mouth. Everything.
- You have a death hold grip. You get you finger on one thing and it takes us forever to pry your little fingers off it.
- You're pretty self absorbed in that you LOVE to look at yourself in the mirror. We have a big mirror in the hallway and you can sit in front of it and look at yourself for at least 5 minutes. That's like an hour for normal attention spans.
- You can say your D's, B's, and G's- all signs of good development.
- You're getting slightly chubby legs and a nice pillow layer off fat on top of your feet. Cute!
- You're very ticklish now. In every place.
- You still love your exersaucer, but you mainly like it for its jumping capabilities. You also love your Jolly Jump in the doorway and whenever you are not in those 2 places, you still want to jump. Especially in Dad's groin area.
- You're starting to get more into books. When you don't have them in your mouth, I can usually go through 2 or 3 books with you before you lose interest.
- You are starting to 'watch' TV and I love that you sit in my lap and watch the Barefoot Contessa with me when we get a chance.
- When Dad and I are playing on the floor with you, our bodies become an instant jungle gym and you start crawling all over us.
- You make really funny faces when you poop.
- Still a great sleeper and very thankful for that.
- You made it through your first BYU football season. The first of many.
- You still love your binky and I'm pretty sure you're going to be one of the kids in nursery with your bink, and I'm totally fine with that. It makes you happy and quiet during church.
- You like it when we kiss you and sometimes after we kiss you, you'll put your face up to ours so we'll do it again.
- When Dad is holding you, he puts his head down and you start slapping his bald head and laughing. It's like your personal drum.
- I still swaddle you to get you to sleep sometimes and I love that. I'll be so sad when I can't do that anymore.
- You're wearing some 12 mos stuff and that kind of makes me sad. I just love the little clothes.
- You continue to be the mascot of the Fisher College of Business and whenever I bring you to school, you usually block a hallway because there are so many people excited to see you.
- You're constantly doing all the cute baby noises. Blowing bubbles, clicking your tongue, and cooing.
I honestly can't believe how big you're getting and it seems like you're coming up on all of these milestones so fast! You keep us on our toes, you have an awesome personality, and we LOVE being with you. Can't wait to write next month!
2 comments:
Man, time flies! He is SOO cute and I'm sad we don't see him more (and you guys, too, of course)! Happy 7 months!
wow, i cant believe that he is 7 months. Crazy. Good Luck!
Post a Comment