
A couple of weeks ago, my neighbor told me about a job posting she had found for Abercrombie and Fitch. The title was "Fit Model" and my first thought was, "I'm definitely not a model, and I'm not very fit", but it turns out that clothing companies hire 'normal' people to come in and try on the clothes they are making so they fit the average buyer. Because how can they make money if their jeans only fit the size 2 models? The only catch was that you had to have the right measurements... I had to take a full length picture of myself wearing jeans and a t-shirt, then email them with my measurements. Then I waited. They sent me a mass email saying that they had so many people apply, they would only be contacting the people they 'wanted' and since that was more than 3 weeks ago, I figured they had found someone more 'normal' than me. Until today!!! I just got an email asking me to come in for measurements on Friday. I'm assuming they bring in a bunch of candidates and take their measurements (to make sure no one was lying on their email) and then hand out the gigs. So, potentially I COULD be an Abercrombie model! And how cool is it that I could just go and try on clothes a few hours a week and get paid!?! Special K for breakfast every day this week! Cross your fingers for me:)
4 comments:
A friend of mine from high school used to Model for them and Tommy H. He made great money, but after a while he quit because he didn't love it anymore. Good luck!
Amy, Amy, Amy...how on earth do you do it?! You just had a baby for crying out loud and you're going to be a freakin' model for Abercrombie! My goodness you're gorgeous. Way to go, I say!
So jealous....what better job for a new mom than to try on cute, stylin' clothes and get paid for it? Talk about a boost!
holy smokes! way to go girl. yet, am i surprised?
Post a Comment